In Open Water Swimming, renowned marathon swimmer, coach, and commentator Steven Munatones shares his insights and expertise on preparing, training, and competing in open-water events. From triathlon to marathon and all distances in between, youll learn these tactics:
- Refine your freestyle stroke to improve power, speed, effectiveness, and navigational IQ.
- Pace yourself, and conserve energy, for faster finishes.
- Train for every event with conditioning programs for short, Olympic, marathon, and triathlon distances.
- Shave seconds off your time with professional tactics for starts, turns, feedings, transitions, and finishes.
- Incorporate the racing strategies of the most successful swimmers in the sport.
- Prepare physically and psychologically for the demands of competition.